Insecticide Growth Regulator
Formulation: 70DFMealybugs and other Hemipteran pests including leafhoppers, planthoppers, and scales don’t stand a chance against Sussex™ Insect Growth Regulator. Why? Equivalent to Applaud®, Sussex™ inhibits chitin biosynthesis, suppresses oviposition of adults, and reduces the viability of eggs and is a perfect fit for resistance management spray programs. Trials and constant observation of the effectiveness of Sussex over a number of years in testing and in commercial use, has shown proven performance, flexible and reliable insect control, long residual protection and the product does not flare mites.
Active Ingredient: BuprofezinSussex™ is effective against the nymphal stages of whiteflies, scales, mealybugs, and leafhoppers; Sussex is not an adulticide.
The Sussex™ Strategy:Start your mealybug control program at “bud-break” to maximize effective budbreak application timing.
- Mealybugs overwinter at susceptible stages
- Crawlers are very susceptible to Sussex
- Mealybugs are exposed as they move to the buds to feed
- Treat the trunk, cordon, spurs/canes, clusters
- Sussex offers long residual activity
- Contact, residual, fuming action
Coffee, grape, olive, Persimmon, pomegranate and tropical fruits
- Applied at budbreak or post-harvest effectively treats Leafhoppers, Lecanium Scale and mealybug
- No concern of phytotoxicity with Sussex
- Early timing application reduces overwintering populations to more manageable in-season levels
- No buprofezin residue concerns if used early
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Compatible
- Unique Mode of Action
- Excellent rotational partner
- No cross resistance with other IGRs
- Safe on honeybees when used according to label recommendations
- Soft on most natural enemies
- Predatory mites, lacewings, parasitoids, lady beetles, predatory thrips
Applaud® is a registered trademark of Nichino America Inc.